Frenger's highly efficient Chilled Beam range has and will continue to help projects worldwide hit their ambitious sustainability targets.
700 Bourke Street which Frenger previously supplied Exposed 'Radiant' Passive Chilled Beams to, has recently become the first 6-Star Green Star performance rating commercial building in the state of Victoria. It is reserved for highly efficient buildings fully powered by renewables addressing a significant number of environmental and social issues whilst contributing to the community.
With a score of 81 points, the building comfortably exceeded the 75 points required for the 6-Star rating which is in the world leadership category set by the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA). 700 Bourke Street now boasts a triple 6-Star rating, having previously secured 6-Star ratings for the Design and As Built stages.
The 6-Star performance rating represents world leadership in environmentally sustainable building operations. In fact, a very small number of buildings in Australia have achieved this result to date.
The Green Star rating is awarded by the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA), which rates the design, construction, and operation of sustainable buildings, fitouts and communities. 700 Bourke Street scored particularly well in the Energy section (19/24 points), Indoor Environment Quality (15/18 points), Transport (7/7 points), and Emissions category (6/6 points).
Other sustainable design initiatives for this project:
- The use of a solar controlled atrium to introduce natural light into the building and to allow for natural air flow throughout the centre of the building, which therefore removes the need for exhaust fans
- Over 80% of construction waste materials were recycled, and 90% of the waste collected onsite were either reused onsite or diverted from landfill
- A black water treatment system was provided for the building to collect and recycle fior cooling towers
Other sustainable award winning projects Frenger® has supplied in Australia include:
- Commonwealth Bank achieved a 6-Star performance rating with a score of 90 points (Year 2 Review) 6 Star office design and As Built
- International House, Barangaroo which exceeded the 5 Star NABERS Energy Base Building rating, and is a 6-Star Green Star Office Design and achieved an As-Built (v3) rating and a 6-Star Performance Rating with a score of 80 points (Year 2 review)
- Daramu House, Barangaroo which achieved a 6-Star Green Star Design and Built rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
You can learn more about the products Frenger® has to offer by visiting our products page or read more articles about the international projects Frenger® has supplied on our latest news page. Alternatively, you can contact our office on 61 2 9006 1147 or email@example.com.