Ultima 300 is one of Frenger's latest range of high performance Chilled Beams. Energy efficiency has been a key driver for such advancements in Frenger's Chilled Beam Technology.
Ultima 300 is only 290mm deep and 292mm wide and can achieve 525 watts per meter total cooling (based on 10Δtk and 26 ltrs/sec/m for a 2.4m long beam supplied at 16°C with a 100Pa).
The Ultima 300 beam contains a number of Frenger's patented performance enhancing features and as can be expected from the Frenger brand, the Ultima 300 beam is designed to be easily tailored to suit the unique parameters of individual project sites, for the optimum product/system efficiencies.
This is partly achieved by Frenger's "burst nozzle" arrangement that not only encourages induction, but also reduces noise. Given the size and amount of burst nozzles being appropriately quantified for each project, this provides consistent jet velocities, equal distribution of the air discharge and continuous induction through the heat exchanger (battery).
There are no dead spots due to plugging back nozzles from a standard pitch or having to adjust the pressure in the system to suit the amount of open standard beams as dead spots and/or reduced velocities decrease their cooling capacities/efficiencies.
Frenger's beams all have a "closed back", this means that all induced air (recirculated room air) is induced through the underplate within the room space to avoid any need for perimeter flash gaps and/or openings in the ceiling system.
This also provides for a better quality of recirculated air as the recirculated air does not mix with any air from the ceiling void. The induction ratio for Ultima 300 is typically 4-5 times that of the supply air (fresh air) rate.
The Ultima 300 Chilled Beam outer casing is constructed from extruded aluminium and zintec pressed steel. The casing facilitated an aluminium burst nozzle strip (project specific) and a high performance heat exchange battery constructed from copper and aluminium. Beams are available in lengths from 0.6m up to 3.6m in 0.1m increments.
In addition to Ultima 300's high cooling performance capability of in excess of 500 watts per metre, Ultima 300 can operate well and induce at low air volumes, as little as 3.4 l/s/m and even with low static pressure of just 40Pa. Likewise, Ultima 300 can handle high air volumes up to 30 l/s/m and up to 120Pa. Please note however that these high air volumes should be avoided wherever possible and are the absolute maximum and should not ever be exceeded. As a rule of thumb, 25 ltrs/sec/m from a 1 way discharge beam is the maximum for occupancy comfort compliance to BS EN 7730.
Ultima 300 can have integrated heating with seperate connections (2 pipe connections for cooling and 2 pipes for heating).
At a glance
- Can handle high air volumes (up to 40 ltrs/sec total)
- High output "525 W/m"
- Built-In Turn Down Functionality
- Only 292mm wide
- One way discharge
- Optimise discharge nozzles sizes and pitch factory set to best suit project requirements
- Coanda effect is initiated within the beam
- Smooth curved discharge slot as opposed to traditional faceted discharge slots for improved aesthetics
- Discharge vanes are concealed within the beam for improved aesthetics
- Fan shape distribution for increased occupancy comfort
- Unique fast fixing of removable underplates that prevent any sagging even on long beam lengths of 3.6m
- Various different perforation patterns available for removable underplates
- Multiple manifold variants to enable reduced chilled (and LTHW, if applicable) water mass flow rates to be facilitated for increased energy efficiencies
- Operates well at "low pressure" and "low air volume" for increased energy efficiencies
- Provides indoor climate in accordance with BS EN ISO 7730
Frenger® have designed, manufactured, and supplied their Healthcare Chilled Beams to various high-profile Hospitals and Healthcare applications around the world.
Cooling / Heating for Hospitals and other Healthcare applications need to be designed as a bespoke solution to fit around the facilities requirements, whilst prioritising the health and wellbeing of patients and other building occupants.
Frenger's Ultima Healthcare Chilled Beam features a removable under plate with a drop down heat exchanger to enable full access for easy cleaning to all 4 sides of the heat exchanger as part of any periodic cleaning and maintenance as associated with healthcare applications.
If you require any further information, or have a project to discuss, please contact us on 00 61 2 9006 1147 or firstname.lastname@example.org as our technical team are here to assist.